Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ALTERED MUSIC BOX

Here is my latest project for Artfull Crafts...

Stocking stuffing time - and what better way to save money than to have a look around and see what you have that you can alter to give as a gift.

I found this old music box so thought why not give it a new lease of life.

I used the antique metallic paper from Kaisercraft's "Just Believe" paper pad to cover the box.
I added some trinkets, lace, flowers, pearl strips and leaves to the top.



Inside I was inspired by these cute little birds nests and eggs.

Adding more trinkets and flowers inside with the bird nests just made it.

I dearly wanted to find a little bird to sit in my music box so that may still be added once I find that perfect little bird.

Hopefully you are inspired to upcycle and create with some of those little gems lying around your home!

:)
Vicki