Ok I admit it I just hate throwing away anything!! I have a belief that one day that very thing that my Hubby wants to chuck out and which may look hopeless now may come in very useful!! Between you and me those very days where things have come in very useful are very rare! And so to my scrapping room – I have a little (which is growing bigger) stash of product packaging which I have been saving for that “very useful day” – and guess what TODAY IS THE DAY. Over at SBO (www.scrapbookoutlet.co.nz) I am on tuesday tips/techniques - so for this I challenged myself to do a layout with only packaging…
So I started with this …
And ended up with this…
I think I achieved the challenge although I did call in help from some alpha stickers!!
So what tips did I pick up doing this layout:
1. Don’t throw away anything!!
2. Most of the plastic packaging is sturdy enough to curl, make pockets out of and twist and turn to make ribbons!
3. Have eggs for breakfast! The humble egg carton was great through the cuttlebug and the glimmermist just loved it. If you take a closer look – the humble egg carton is what I used to make the flowers – here’s how:
To make the flowers
1. Cut the egg holder off the carton and trim to make even
2. Make some cuts down to the base and snip the ends to make a petal shape
3. Make one slightly smaller by trimming the egg holder closer to the base
4. Push flat and glimmermist
5. Use double sided tape on a piece of card and coil the string around to make the centre – trim and adhere
6. Add plastic ribbons and leaves from corrugated cardboard and green packaging to complete the embellishment
7. I also took the flat pieces of the egg carton and embossed with the cuttlebug – then inked them for the top and bottom pieces of the layout.
So in doing this I hope you all will find new inspiration in your humble egg carton!!